One snail

One snail

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Finally using my new scale!

A while back, I won a great scale in a give-a-way from Tracy at My Tiny Tank.  It's an EatSmart scale.  I got it in the mail, and before I could start using it, or take any pictures, I got sick.  :-(

However, now I am well, and I got out my new scale today!  Here are some pictures of its first use:
New scale on left...old scale on right!  

Weighing out 1 oz of Tillamook Medium Cheddar.  (When I have cheese, I would rather have a small amount of the real stuff.)


I am vegetarian, so rely on cheese and dairy for some of my protein.  Rather than buy the expensive pre-packaged string cheese, babybels or cheddar squares, I buy a larger size from Costco and slice it myself.  Of course, cheese is on the high-fat side, so I want to stay very aware of how much I'm having!  I've been using an antiquated scale...maybe from the 70's?  (Okay, I'm making that up, but it IS very old and I think it's actually supposed to be a postal scale.)

This new scale makes it SO easy to measure out 1 ounce, and put it in separate ziplocks. All ready to go into my bento-box-style lunch box for work (from Laptop Lunches)  Then I re-use the ziplocks for the next round.

Thanks SO much to Tracy at MyTinyTank (her facebook page is here:  MyTinyTank) and to Karen at EatSmart Products (their facebook page is here: EatSmartProducts) for this wonderful gift!


3 comments:

  1. I also prefer having the real choice than the low fat but just cut down the portion. Nice looking scale. That was a good win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen thanks so much for the shout out. So glad you are liking you scale. It is so important to weigh and measure our foods!! You have inspired me to buy block cheese and weigh our my snacks rather buying the mini portioned store bought ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, pretty! I have a food scale that I use ALL the time and I'm 2.5 years post-op!

    ReplyDelete