One snail

One snail

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Social worker visit: check!

Checked another thing off my list to do before getting a surgery date--met with the hospital social worker.  She was really nice, and I think we got along great.  When she asked about some of my hobbies (i.e. for stress relief), I told her we liked to watch movies, and right now we are watching Wes Anderson's, and she knew them.  We discussed Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Royal Tenenbaums!  For those who are interested, he uses a specific color scheme for each of his films:



I also got my blood work done, ugh!  I have no veins (doesn't matter what size I am), and they always have to take it out of my hand, sometimes after poking me two or three times somewhere else first. However Anna (my phlebotomist) did it in one try!  (This is definitely something I am NOT looking forward to about surgery.)

Tomorrow afternoon I have my visit with the nutritionist. Hopefully she'll have the results of my blood work back by then and can go over the results in addition to reviewing my food and exercise diary.  Then, I should be able to get an appointment with the ARNP for the summary results meeting.  Woohoo!

Happy Halloween, everyone, and watch out for the ghosties!

2 comments:

  1. WOOT for ticking boxes! thats great news. Yeah, blood work, and all the sticks for surgery aren't great, I have veins, but they like to collapse. Blarg.

    okay.... I HAD NO idea he did that for his films. Very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Details can be found here: http://gettinoldainteasy.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-award-nominationcontinued.html
    Please say yes and participate. It will be fun!

    ReplyDelete